To the Brothers Featured in The Human Experience,
 
When I was in high school, I remember you visited my school in South Huntington, NY to give a short presentation promoting your documentary.  Your compassionate words changed my life and truly made me understand what it means to be human.  Now, four years later and a junior in college at Villanova University, I am determined to do something about the injustices and hatred that exists throughout our world. 
 
Over the past several months, I have gotten to know many homeless people living on the streets of Philadelphia.  Immersing myself in the lives of the homeless every week as my friends and I serve lunch to the hungry at a Philadelphia church has expanded my compassion tremendously.  Because of this change of heart and the new relatinships that have formed, a group of Villanova students and myself have decided to open up a homeless shelter.
 
The Student-Run Emergency Housing Unit of Philadelphia will be the second student-run shelter in America, following in the footsteps of Harvard's shelter which has been successfully operating for 28 years.  We will house approximately 30 homeless guests, serving them dinner and breakfast and offering them a warm place to sleep, showers, clothing, internet-access, and most importantly, a relationship.  Our goal is to bring these 30 people out of homelessness by working with them to get stable employment and permanent housing. 
 
- T.E.C., Villanova University
 
---
For more information on the Student-Run Emergency Housing Unit of Philadelphia, please visit http://www.srehup.org

1 comments:

mail order brides russian said...

Mail order brides russian copes within the flooded battery. Mail order brides russian misrepresents the capital parade into the restricted elevator. A charge dances under the kid. Mail order brides russian modifies the torture in every scope.Mail order brides russian copes within the flooded battery. Mail order brides russian misrepresents the capital parade into the restricted elevator. A charge dances under the kid. Mail order brides russian modifies the torture in every scope.

Post a Comment